Did you encounter “Unfortunately setting has stopped” on Android phone? Does your phone displays unfortunately com.android.settings has stopped after factory reset?
If your answer is yes then I must say that you are not alone in this problem. However, this kind of error is irritating because it gives you the “OK” option and nothing else. And you can also end up thinking of how to fix Unfortunately, Setting has stopped” working on Android?
But now there is nothing to worry about as various methods can help to solve it. In this post, you will come to know several ways to fix unfortunately com.android.settings has stopped after factory reset.
How Do I Fix Unfortunately Setting Has Stopped Working On Android?
If your phone continuously popping up settings has stopped Redmi 5a, settings keeps stopping J7 etc then here are some useful methods to follow.
- Restart Your Android Phone
- Clear Phone Cache Memory
- Delete Cache Files Of Settings
- Remove Recent Installed Apps
- Force Stop Settings
- Uninstall Google Play Service Updates
- Update Google Play Services
- Update Android Firmware
- Restart Your Phone In Safe Mode
- Wipe Cache Partition
- Factory Reset Android Phone
- Use Android Repair Tool To Fix Settings Has Stopped Working On Android
Method 1: Restart Your Android Phone
Do you know that restarting an Android phone is one of the best ways to deal with any kind of glitches or bugs? If you are getting the error message of setting has stopped after a factory reset then I will suggest you restart your device once.
Simply press and hold the Power button and you will see the “Restart” option on the screen. Click on it and press the OK option. Once you have done this, go to Settings on phone and see if the error is resolved or not.
If the issue still displays on phone then move to the next one.
Method 2: Clear Phone Cache Memory
The next thing you should is to clear the cache memory of the device. Doing this will refresh your phone and allows the apps to work smoothly.
Follow the steps to delete cache memory on phone:
- First, go to Settings on the device
- Then look for “Storage & USB” and open it
- Here you will see “Internal Storage” > tap on it
- Next, you can see “Cached Data”. Tap on it to delete cache files from the device
Method 3: Delete Cache Files Of Settings
When your phone continuously popup the message of setting has stopped then you need to clear the cache data of the Settings app. Here is what you need to do:
- First, open Settings on your phone and choose “Apps & Notification”
- Now choose App Info to open the apps list
- Next, move down and choose Settings
- After that, choose “Storage & cache”
- Then click on Clear Cache
Now you will not see the “Unfortunately, Setting has stopped” error on your Android screen. But if the same issue continues then move to the next solution.
Method 4: Remove Recent Installed Apps
Do you have installed any new apps recently and after that getting the error message? If yes then the error may be due to third-party apps. In that case, you should uninstall the recent app and check if the error is resolved.
Maybe some apps you have installed from other sources instead of Google Play Store. So in that case, remove the app and try to install apps from the play store.
Method 5: Force Stop Settings
Another thing that you can do to fix the issue is by force stopping the Settings app. This will make the device normal and no error will popup. Here is what you have to do:
- Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > App info > Settings > Force Stop. Now click on OK to force close the Settings on phone.
- Doing this will close your settings menu. After that, go to Settings and check if the same error still exists or not.
Method 6: Uninstall Google Play Service Updates
You can uninstall updates on Google Play Services to see the changes on your phone. Here are the steps to follow:
- First, go to Settings > Application Setting or Apps
- Then move to All > look for Google Play Service > Uninstall Updates
- At last, Restart your phone and check if the issue is resolved
Method 7: Update Google Play Services
When your Google Play Services is running on an old version then also such kind of error message is common to occur. Therefore, you should check if there is any update available for Google Play Services.
Here is what you need to follow:
- First, go to Settings > click on Apps & Notifications
- Now choose App Info
- Next, move down the apps list and choose “Google Play Services”
- After that, click on the Advance option to expand the list
- Finally, go down to the Store section and click on App details
This will redirect to the Google Play Services page on Play Store. If there is an Update option then click on it. In addition, you also have Disable/Deactivate button on-page, which specifies the latest version installed of Google Play Services.
Method 8: Update Android Firmware
Minor bugs or issues can occur when your phone operating system is not updated to the latest version. This will popup “Unfortunately Setting has stopped” on Android. So I suggest you check if there is any update available.
For that, you have to follow the below steps:
- First, go to Settings > About Phone on your device
- Then click on “System Update” and you can see if there is any update available
- If it shows an update option the proceed further and install the latest version of the OS
Method 9: Restart Your Phone In Safe Mode
If the problem is with any third-party apps then restarting in safe mode can help you to analyze it. In this mode, all the third-party apps will be disabled to identify if any problem is with an app.
- First, press and hold the Power button
- Then you will see different options on screen
- Next, press and hold the Power Off button
- You will get a popup to restart the phone in Safe Mode
- At last, tap on OK
When the phone restarts in Safe Mode, check if the problem is resolved or not. If the phone is not displaying any error then it means that third-party apps were the culprit.
Method 10: Wipe Cache Partition
If you are continuously getting “Unfortunately, Setting has stopped” after factory reset then clean cache partition in recovery mode. This will totally solve the error easily.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Switch off your phone first and then press and hold the Volume up + Power button and wait unless the startup screen to show
- When Boot Mode opens up, you need to choose “Recovery Mode”
- Now go to “Wipe Cache Partition” and click on the Power button to select
- Once cache partition is successfully cleared, Reboot your device
Method 11: Factory Reset Android Phone
In case you come across “Unfortunately Settings has stopped” working on Android phone then the last option left is doing factory reset. This has the power to solve the issue but it also deletes your Android data. So before you proceed further, kindly backup all stuffs from the phone to a safe place.
After that, follow the below steps to factory reset the Android phone.
- First, go to Settings > Backup & Reset
- Now click on “Factory Data Reset” > then on “Reset Phone”
This will delete every data from the phone and your device will be like a new one. Hopefully, this will solve the process com.android.settings has stopped.
Method 12: Use Android Repair Tool To Fix Settings Has Stopped Working On Android
What if I suggest you an advanced solution to fix the above error? It will be amazing, right?
Well, you should go for Android Repair that is a professional tool to make it work in this situation. This is one of the best way to fix unfortunately setting has stopped on Android phone. In addition, using this tool you can repair other Android errors as well. No matter for whatever reasons your phone is displaying such an error but this effective tool can work in any situation. So simply download Android Repair tool and get rid of settings has stopped 5a error easily.
Easily fix any kind of issues or errors on Android by 1 click repair tool. Fixes any Android error without hasslefree:
- Ability to fix several Android system issues or errors like Black screen of death, apps keep crashing, stuck in boot loop etc.
- Helps to make Android system back to normal without any skills required
- Has the highest success rate to fix any types of Android errors
So here in this blog, I have gathered the best solutions to fix “Unfortunately, Setting has stopped” on Android. This kind of error is a common thing to occur but there are solutions to tackle it. If manual solutions don’t fix the issue then go for the advanced Android Repair tool. This has the ability to resolve any kind of Android errors hassle-free.