As we know that iPhone application are very much stable, but sometimes it happens that several users come across iPhone apps keep crashing issue. Well, it’s a very annoying situation for anyone when your favorite app started freezing or crashing suddenly.
Therefore, if you are also facing the same issue and after trying a lot, still you’re unable to fix App keeps crashing on iPhone then you need to keep calm. I am saying this because this article brings several possible ways to fix App crashing on iPhone error.
Part 1: Automatic Way To Resolve App Keeps Crashing On iPhone- [Recommended]
In order to fix the app keeps crashing on iPhone, I would like to recommend to you one of the best and easiest software is – iPhone Repair tool. This effective program has the capability to solve the major errors and countless issues of the phone in a single click.
This proficient repair tool is easy to use & fixes your mobile phone to make it work properly. It is amazing software that fixes iPhone errors in any situation without any further problems.
So, just download and follow the easy steps of this repair tool to troubleshoot iPhone apps keep crashing problem easily.
Repair any kind of issues or errors on iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch and make it normal without any skills required.
- Has the ability to fix iOS issues without data loss
- Fix various iOS system issues like white Apple logo, boot loop, etc
- Compatible with iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch & Supports iOS 14/13/12
Part 2: Feasible Solutions To Fix App Keeps Crashing On iPhone Manually
So, here are the easiest ways for you to stop your app from freezing on your iPhone. Nothing you have to do, simply start applying the solution one by one.
Solution #1: Restarting the Phone
Before applying any other solutions, firstly you are required to restart your iPhone. This is because; it’s believed that many times a simple rebooting can fix several minor issues. So, just reboot your iPhone now and repair the apps keep crashing iPhone 7 problem. For that, you need to try out the below-mentioned steps:
- Press & hold the top or volume button until and unless the Power off slider shows
- Drag a slider to simply turn off your iPhone
- Again, you have to press & hold the side or top button till an Apple logo displays
- When your iPhone turns on, just attempt using an app again.
Solution #2: Update App To Its Latest Version
Another method that you can try is to update your iPhone applications from time to time in order to maintain your app stability. It’s obvious that some users often ignore the application updates.
Thus, if you’re noticing that the apps keep crashing on iPhone 8 and problems occurs due to any particular application then just update the issue creating an app to its latest version. If you want to know how to do so, simply follow the steps given:
- Open your Settings app >> General >> Software Update
- Then choose theDownload and Install.
After the completion of the process, simply open your crashing application to view whether it’s performing properly or not.
Solution #3: Uninstall & Reinstall The Apps
This is another way to solve the apps crashing issue. Simply uninstall the problematic apps and reinstall them again.
Know the steps to uninstall the apps:
- At first, you need to find out the app icon
- Then, press & hold the app until it starts jiggling or the X (cross sign) appears
- You can see the X icon on the top left side corner of your screen
- Drag the app into X and then you’ll be asked you want to uninstall the app or not
- Lastly, tap on Uninstall.
- Now you can see that the uninstallation process is completed.
- Again, in order to reinstall the app, you have the follow the below steps:
- Go to your play store app & find the app which is recently uninstall
- After getting the app, click on it and then again on the install app.
Solution #4: Reset Your iPhone Settings
It may happen that the apps are crashing continuously because some errors exist on your application settings. In such a case, you may need to perform a software reset. In order to clear the invalid app settings you need to follow the beneath given steps:
- Tap on the Settings app > General
- Now, just scroll down & click on Reset.
- Choose the option to reset all settings
- You need to enter the passcode if asked
- At last, tap on confirm reset all settings.
Solution #5: Disable Restrictions From Your iPhone
To resolve this error, you should first check the setting of your iPhone, especially restrictions. But, if the feature is enabled then the restricted applications will not able to run properly. To check & manage the iOS feature, follow these steps:
- Open your Setting app and choose General
- Then, click on Content & Privacy Restrictions.
- After that choose the given options to turn off the Restrictions.
- Now, simply enter your passcode when it’ll ask to turn off the restrictions.
- Test your apps are running smoothly or not after disabling the restrictions
Solution #6: Quit And Re-launch The iPhone App
In order to stop the app from crashing, simply quit the app and restart it again. This action will stop all the process of apps & newly start them. Read the steps carefully:
- Make a double tap on the Home button to get the multitasking screen
- Locate your application you like to quit, again swipe up the app in order to quit of it
- Click the Home button to again go back to your Home Screen & hit on the app to again restart it.
Solution #7: DFU Restore iPhone
If you are unable to fix iPhone apps open and close immediately error, then the next solution for you is – DFU restore. In other words, DFU restore is a special type of restore, which will clear your both software as well as hardware setting and give you a clean device.
You must note one thing, DFU restore is almost like standard restore, it will also delete all your content & setting on your iPhone. Thus, before trying this method do not forget to keep a backup of your files.
Solution #8: Update The iPhone
It may be possible that your iPhone is outdated and as a result, your apps are crashing or freezing. In this case, you need to update your iPhone to its latest version to fix this issue. Apply the given steps to update your iPhone.
- Go to Settings & click on General
- Again, tap on Software Update you’ll get at the top screen
- Here, you can see an option Install
- Now, just tap on it to update your iPhone.
- If the iPhone is updated, you’ll get a message saying “iOS (version) the software is updated.”
Solution #9: Clear The Storage Space Of iPhone
Yes, this can be a reason for unexpected app crashing. Sometimes this kind of error appears due to lack of space. Usually, apps start behaving abruptly when it doesn’t have sufficient storage space in the device. In order to free up the storage, follow the steps:
- Open your Setting app >> General >> iPhone Storage
- You can see each of them occupies an apps list, which displays the space.
- Then, you need to delete some apps to manage the storage on your iPhone.
Solution #10: Perform Factory Reset
In case, the app is very important for your daily life then you can perform a factory reset on your iPhone. This method is a little bit risky to use but doing a factory reset helps many users to fix such types of errors. Don’t forget to save a backup of your valuable data as this action will delete everything from your device. Try out the steps to perform a factory reset:
- At first, you need to go to Settings on your iPhone
- Next, click on General >> Reset
- Then click on Erase all the content & settings.
Note: You’ll be prompted to simply enter the passcode & Apple ID before a factory reset process completes.
Solution #11: Contact The App Developer
If the above solutions fail to works in your case, one and last option left for you – contact your app developer. The experts can only fix this kind of error. How to do so:
- Go to App Store & find out the specific app in Updates >> Purchased, just tap in it.
- From the Ratings and Reviews, tap on App Support.
If App Support is not seen, ensure that you have login with the same Apple ID, which you use while purchasing, and downloading the app.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What Does It Mean If An App Keeps Crashing?
The app keeps crashing simply means that your app becomes fully unresponsive or it may be possible that your iPhone is running on less storage space.
Why Do My Apps Keep Crashing iPhone?
There can be several reasons behind this app keep crashing continuously. Some of the common causes are- running an outdated app, less storage space, fault in setting app, using outdated software or you may running so many apps in the background at a time.
How Do I Stop My iPhone Apps From Crashing?
You can stop your iPhone from crashing by applying the most effective manual as well as automatic methods. For instant and easy fix, go for iPhone Repair software.
As I have provided you the best solutions on how to fix an app that keeps crashing on iPhone. I hope that now you must be able to fix this app crashing on iPhone issues.
In case, if your iPhone data gets deleted mistakenly while applying the solution then without any worry simply you should go with the most reliable iPhone repair tool. As I have discussed above, this software will surely help you to repair this app crashing problem.
Kim Keogh is a technical and creative blogger and an SEO Expert. She loves to write blogs and troubleshoot several issues or errors on Android and iPhone. She loves to help others by giving better solutions to deal with data recovery problems and other issues.