In previous years people used to write down the contacts in their diary and maintain them. After Android phones came into our life it made it easier to save the contacts but sometimes you can lose contact from Android phones as well.
Losing contacts can be really frustrating and contact recovery in Android might be a headache if you don’t know the right solution.
There can be numerous reasons due to which you may lose contacts such as accidental deletion or when upgrading the operating system of your Android phone.
If you are fed up and don’t know how to recover deleted contacts from Android phone memory then this article is for you.
Here you will get to know Android contacts recovery fixes that will help you to retrieve deleted contacts from Android phone memory.
The best and efficient tool to recover lost, deleted, disappeared, inaccessible data from Android phones/tablets. Some unique features include:
- Directly recover various types of data such as photos, contacts, SMS, videos, WhatsApp, call logs, documents, notes, etc.
- Recover data in any situation like accidental, water damage, unintentional, factory reset, formatting, virus attack or other reasons
- Allows one-click option to “Recover” deleted files without backup
- Best Way To Do Android Contact Recovery Without Backup
- Check Actually Contacts Are Lost Or Not
- Use Gmail To Retrieve Disappeared Contacts On Android
- Recover Deleted Contacts Through Google Backup
- Use Other Recovery Apps
- Try SQL Database to Recover Deleted Contacts
- How Do I Restore My Android Contacts From Google Drive
Is it Possible to Recover Deleted Contacts from Android Phones?
YES, you can recover deleted contacts from the Android phones by using Android contact recovery.
When you mistakenly delete contacts from the Android device, the contacts are not permanently erased from the phone memory until new contacts are overwritten by the old ones.
So, it is advised not to use the phone after you have lost contacts and if you really want to get the contacts back then simply go with the Android contact Recovery Tool.
Method 1- Best Way To Do Android Contact Recovery Without Backup
This best, simple, and hassle-free way to restore your contacts back in Android phones is by using a powerful recovery tool like Android Data Recovery. This is the best Android Contacts Recovery software that is not only powerful but efficient software to recover deleted contacts from Android phone no matter it is of any brand.
Not only it recovers contacts but is useful to retrieve other data as well such as photos, videos, call history, text messages, documents, notes, WhatsApp data, and many others. This software is also for Samsung users who ask how to retrieve deleted numbers from Samsung phones.
This is because the powerful tool supports every Android phone such as Samsung, Lenovo, LG, Sony, Xiaomi, Oppo, Vivo, and others. Just Download Android Contact Recovery tool and leave the rest work on it and easily do contact recovery in Android.
Here Are The Steps To Recover Contacts From Android Phone
First, download and launch Android Data Recovery on PC and choose recovery mode to start. Both modes are almost the same to use, so select “Android Data Recovery” to move ahead.
Select your device model along with name on next page and then tap on Next.
Now the app will automatically download a matching data package on your phone.
After the download is finished, connect your Android device to PC
Next, select Contacts > Next and Scan process will start
After the scanning process is over, you can preview the list of contacts. From here, choose that you want to restore.
Method 2: Check Actually Contacts Are Lost Or Not
Before going to any other solution, it is very important to check whether contacts are actually deleted or hidden. Many times it happens that contacts are not deleted and it remains in the device itself.
So how you can check the contacts on your device, just follow the below steps:
- First look for “Contacts” and open it in your device
- Next, tap on menu button > select “Settings” > “Contacts to display”
- Now, choose “All contacts”.
- Here, check whether your contacts are returned back or not
If they are back, then no need to move further but if not, then follow the below methods on how to recover deleted contacts from Android phone memory.
Method 3- Use Gmail To Retrieve Disappeared Contacts On Android
Google Contacts save your Gmail, Calendar, Android, Google Plus, Disk, and contacts. It adds or deletes your contact and merges the duplicate ones.
Google Contacts sync all the contacts with several mobile devices. You can easily get contacts recovery in android by using Google contacts.
Remember to restore the contacts within 30 days before they get permanently from the Google contacts as well.
Here are the steps to recover deleted contacts from Gmail on Android phone:
- First of all, login to the Google account and open Google contacts
- Select More> Undo changes on left panel
- A Window will pop-up, select Custom
- Now, select the time to undo the changes and set a date before the contacts got deleted from your phone
- Or you can click on More options and then select Restore Contacts.
Method 4- Recover Deleted Contacts Through Google Backup
This is another method to restore your deleted contacts. You might be thinking about how to recover deleted contacts from Google backup. Well, if the sync option on the phone is enabled then all the data on will get sync to the Google account.
You just have to follow the steps given below to restore contacts from Android:
- Go to Android Settings app on your phone
- Then click on Google and under Services > tap on “Restore Contacts“
- When the phone has more than one account, click on “From Account” and choose the account you want
- Then select the device from which you want to copy contacts. Also, choose the storage and if you want to copy from device storage or SIM card alone, then click on “Turn Off” device storage or SIM card
- At last, click on the “Restore” option and let contacts to restore
Contacts recovery in Android will be done with the easy steps mentioned above through Gmail.
Method 5- Use Other Recovery Apps
There are various Android contact recovery apps in Google play store that can help you to retrieve deleted contacts from Android phone memory.
Below are some of the contact recovery apps that are useful to get back your contacts with ease.
GT Recovery– Android users can easily recover deleted files such as contacts, call logs, photos, text messages, and others easily.
Deleted contacts recovery– This app will restore all the deleted contacts after performing a factory reset in your Android phone.
Method 6- Try SQL Database to Recover Deleted Contacts
This method is for advanced users who are desperate to get back their lost contact from Android within a couple of minutes.
You can restore deleted contacts from contacts2.db file that is stored in the Android file system, but you need a special file manager to access the database of contact.
Follow the steps for Android contact recovery:
- Get the root permissions
- Install the Root Explorer
- Use the Root Explorer and copy “/data/data/android.providers.contacts/databases” folder to the memory of your phone
- Connect the phone to your computer and then transfer the Database folder to your hard drive.
- Now, download and then install the Firefox and SQLite manager
- Open contacts2.db file from Database>Connect Database.
- In the Data, you will see the deleted contacts of your Android phone, where you can easily restore them.
The steps of the above method is quite risky therefore, if you have proper knowledge of handling Android device and software then only apply this method for Android contact recovery.
Method 7: How Do I Restore My Android Contacts From Google Drive?
If you want to know how to restore contacts from Google drive then just go through the solutions stated below:
A: Turn the automatic backup on or off
When first setting up the Google Account on the phone, you will be asked whether you want your data to be back up. Change the settings, to do so follow the steps:
- Open the phone’s Settings
- Select System Backup
- Turn the Back up to the Google Drive on or off
B: Export the contacts
To export the contact, open the contact app on the Android phone
- Click on Menu> settings> Export
- Select the accounts to export the contacts
- Click on Export to.VCF
That’s it. The contacts are on your Android device
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions):
How to retrieve deleted contacts from Android phone memory without computer?
Contacts recovery in Android can also be done without using a computer, here knows how to do so. As I have mentioned the apps that will get back your deleted contacts, the GT data recovery will guide you for Android contact recovery if you downloaded the app:
- Get the app from Google play store
- Choose the file you wish to delete
- Click on Start new scan
- Once the scanning is completed multiple files will appear in front of you, select the file you to recover and then click on recover.
Your deleted files will be recovered with ease.
How to recover deleted Android contacts without root?
With the help of proper recovery software, there is a possibility to get back disappeared contacts from Android phone without root. Android Data Recovery is the best way to recover contacts from Android without backup and without root.
Well, that would be all.
Losing contacts can be really a heart-throbbing situation so to keep you tension-free, the methods mentioned in this article will surely help you to recover deleted contacts from Android phones.
In case the manual solutions didn’t work out for you to get back your deleted contacts then simply go with the Android Contacts Recovery tool.
It is expected that you liked this article and it turns out to be useful in solving your query and getting back your contacts.