Did you ever come across the “unfortunately, Google app has stopped” error while using any app on your Android phone? If yes then this is very irritating, right?
Well, this kind of error is a common thing to experience but there can be several reasons behind it. It usually occurs when you are accessing the app and suddenly it popups the error. But there is nothing to worry about as there are fixes for it.
In this article, we will go through some of the best and feasible solutions to fix “unfortunately, Google app has stopped working” on Android.
How To Fix Unfortunately Google App Has Stopped On Android Phone
As the error is stuck on your phone, you just want to get rid of it ASAP. Here are the effective solutions to fix Google app keeps stopping issue.
So let’s read further.
Fix 1: Restart Your Android Device
The easiest way to fix unfortunately Google has stopped is to restart your device. Restarting will clear all temporary files, which creates an error on your device.
To restart your device:
- Long press the Power button and select the Power off option when appears on the screen. Your device will completely shut down now. To restart, again long press the Power button and wait until the device logo appears on the screen.
- Now, reopen the Google app and check if the issue has been resolved.
Fix 2: Force Stop Google App
If restarting did not work, then force stop the Google app. Force stopping the app will close the processing of the app and hopefully, it will help you to fix the issue.
Steps to Force stop the Google app:
- First, launch Settings on your device
- Now, move to Apps & Notifications
- Click on App info/See all apps
- Now, choose the Google app from the list.
- Then, click on the Force stop option on the app info page to confirm.
After doing these steps, open the Google app and check if cashing problem is resolved or not.
Fix 3: Clear Cache Of Google App
Your Google app crashing error can occur due to corrupted cache files. So, clearing those cache files can fix the problem. This step will not delete any data from the app.
To clear the cache of the Google app, follow the below steps:
- First, go to Settings
- Go to Apps & Notifications and find Google
- Click on Storage & Cache
- Then, choose the Clear cache option
- After that, open the Google app and check if it is working without any error.
Fix 4: Update Your Google App
If clearing the bugs or temporary files, still Google app stops working then, it’s time to update your Google App. This issue can be fixed by updating the app to the latest version.
Here are the steps to update the Google app:
- First, open Google Play Store on your phone
- Then, click on the search bar and type Google
- Choose the Official Google App from the list.
- Now, click on the Update option that appears on your screen and waits until the installation is completed.
If no updates are available, that means you are using the latest version. Move to the next solution.
Fix 5: Update Your Android OS
If the Google app update did not fix unfortunately Google app keeps stopping issues, so you should check if your device needs any OS update. Check for updates and if available then do it immediately to avoid this kind of error.
Here I mentioned the steps to update your smartphone:
- Open Settings on your smartphone
- Then, move to About Phone
- After that, click on System Update
- Here you will see the update option if available. But do not forget to take a backup of your valuable data before clicking on update.
After updating, relaunch the Google app and check whether the error message is fixed or not.
Fix 6: Update Google Play Services
Sometimes, Google Play Services can be the culprit of Google app crashing, not the Google app itself. It can be fixed by updating Google Play Services on your phone.
Here is how to update Google Play Services:
- First, go to Settings
- Then, click on Apps & Notifications
- Thereafter, choose to See all Apps
- Now, move down and look for Google Play Services and click on that
- After that, click on App details, which redirects to Google Play Store
- Here, press the Update button to install the update of Google Play Services
Fix 7: Enter Into Safe Mode
A third-party app can also be the reason for the Google app crashing problem. You need to find out that third-party app and disable it to resolve your issue. This will be shown when you entered safe mode.
To enter into safe mode:
- First, switch off your device
- Then, long press the Power button until the device is turned on.
- When you see the device logo, release the Power button and immediately press the Volume down button until your device restarts
- After that, you will see Safe Mode appears on the left corner of your device screen. Now, release the Volume Down button and go ahead.
Fix 8: Remove Google Account & Add Again
Another solution you can follow is to remove your Google account and again add it to fix the problem. This method has solved the issue for many users.
Here is what to do:
- First, launch the Settings menu
- Then, scroll down and choose Google Account
- After that, click on Remove Account, and a prompt will appear, click on Remove Account.
- Thereafter, launch the Google app and log in to your account.
Once logged in, hope your issue has been resolved and you can access it as before.
Fix 9: Uninstall Updates Of Google App
As this error occurred due to updates, you can fix it by uninstalling the updates.
Do it by the following steps:
- Look for the Google app in the app drawer section and press and hold the Google app icon.
- Then, click on the ‘i’ option to enter the info page of the Google app.
- Thereafter, click on the vertical three dots that appeared at the top-right corner of the app info page.
- After that, click on Uninstall updates and press OK to approve.
Fix 10: Uninstall Android System WebView Updates
Android System WebView can be the cause of various app crashing issues. Google app keeps crashing can be also the reason for this service. You can put an end to this service by simply uninstalling it.
Follow the steps to uninstall:
- First, launch Settings
- Click on Apps & Notifications option
- Thereafter, tap on see all apps
- Then, click on Android System WebView from the list. If this service is not shown, then, click on the three dots at the screen’s top-right corner and choose Show System.
- After that, select Uninstall updates from the top-right corner of the service page.
- Now, press OK to confirm.
Now, restart your device to check whether the issue is solved.
Fix 11: Factory Reset Your Device
If the above options did not work, then you can try a factory reset to resolve your issue. As, a factory reset will erase all the data from your device, so don’t forget to take a backup of your important data and then apply this method.
To apply factory reset:
- Open Settings
- Then, go to System and click on Reset
- After that, click on Erase all data (factory reset)
- You will be warned regarding data loss, read them carefully and click on the Reset Phone option and wait until your device gets rebooted.
Fix 12: Advanced Way To Fix Unfortunately Google App Has Stopped On Android (Suggested)
In addition to the above fixes, you can also go for a powerful tool like Android Repair. This is a highly suggested tool by experts as it allows users to fix all types of issues or errors on Android with one click. It is advanced software that easily fixes Google App keeps stopping/freezing errors.
Apart from Google app errors, it has the ability to solve many other issues like Google maps not working, Pandora keeps crashing, Camera has stopped, Gmail has stopped, etc. The tool is easy to use and troubleshoots the error without data loss. Therefore, it’s suggested to download this software and get rid of the Google app has stopped errors hassle-free.
Easily fix any kind of issues or errors on Android by 1 click repair tool. Fixes any Android error without hasslefree:
- Ability to fix several Android system issues or errors like Black screen of death, apps keep crashing, stuck in boot loop etc.
- Helps to make Android system back to normal without any skills required
- Has the highest success rate to fix any types of Android errors
Android users always come across some or other errors and the Google app has stopped is one of them. However, nothing to fret as in this blog, I have compiled some easiest and best ways to fix the issue. After following them, it’s possible to get out of the error. For a quick and advanced solution, go for the Android Repair tool.
Kim Keogh is a technical and creative blogger and an SEO Expert. She loves to write blogs and troubleshoot several issues or errors on Android and iPhone. She loves to help others by giving better solutions to deal with data recovery problems and other issues.