Did you experience voicemail not working on Android or Visual voicemail not working Samsung?
Wondering why your Samsung S21 visual voicemail not working?
If you are irritated by this kind of situation and looking for solutions then I am sure this article will definitely help you.
Here, I will guide you on some effective ways to fix visual voicemail not working on Android phone.
- Advanced Solution To Fix Visual Voicemail Not Working On Android Phone Without Data Loss (Recommended)
- Restart Your Android/Samsung Phone
- Clear Cache & Data Of Voicemail App
- Update Visual Voicemail App
- Check Your Network Connection
- Update Your Phone OS
- Uninstall And Reinstall Voicemail App
- Enable/Disable Airplane Mode
- Check Your Voicemail Settings
- Allow Voicemail Background Data Usage
- Reset Network Settings
- Deactivate Call Forwarding
- Request New Voicemail Settings From Carrier
- Use Third-Party Voicemail App
- Contact Carrier Support
Best Fixes For Visual Voicemail Not Working On Android
Now it’s time to check out all the possible methods to solve visual voicemail not working on Android/Samsung.
So let’s move ahead.
Method 1: Advanced Solution To Fix Visual Voicemail Not Working On Android Phone Without Data Loss (Recommended)
Before going to any manual methods, I will suggest you use the Android Repair tool. This is professional software that works effectively to fix visual voicemail not working Android. The tool is easy to use and deals with any kind of Android issues without any data loss.
This is highly suggested by experts because it has the highest success rate and can be used without technical knowledge.
It fixes other errors as well such as Android touch screen not working, black screen of death, Tinder app not working, mobile data not working on Android, and many more.
Therefore, simply download the Android Repair tool and troubleshoot Android visual voicemail not working.
To know how to use the software, check its complete user guide.
Android Repair- 1 Click Repair Tool For Android
Easily fix any kind of issues or errors on Android by 1 click repair tool. Fixes any Android error without hasslefree:
- Ability to fix several Android system issues or errors like Black screen of death, apps keep crashing, stuck in boot loop etc.
- Helps to make Android system back to normal without any skills required
- Has the highest success rate to fix any types of Android errors
Method 2: Restart Your Android/Samsung Phone
If you want to follow manual methods then restarting the device is suggested. This process has the ability to fix several issues or errors on Android without any difficulty. In fact, many users have resolved the error by restarting their devices.
If the restart of the phone does not work for you then move to the next method.
Method 3: Clear Cache & Data Of Voicemail App
Another useful way that can help you to get rid of the error is by clearing the cache and data of the app. This has also worked for several users and so it is suggested as usual.
Here are the steps to follow:
- First, go to“Settings” on your phone.
- Now, move down & click on the “Apps” option.
- Here, tap on the “Visual Voicemail” app.
- Next, tap on “Storage” and then on “Clear Cache”.
- At last, go back and tap on “Manage Space” > click on “Clear All Data”.
That’s it, if this process fails to fix Visual Voicemail stopped working on Android then move to the next method.
Method 4: Update Visual Voicemail App
Most of the time, if your app is not updated to the latest version then also you can encounter such errors. This issue is the same with your Samsung phone as well.
So what you need to do is simply check if the app requires any update or so. If yes then update it and then check if it’s working fine.
Here are the steps to follow:
- First, go to Google Play Store on your phone
- Now, click on the My Apps & Games section and you will get the list of installed apps
- Look for the Visual Voicemail app and see if any UPDATE option is seen beside
- If yes then click on it to update the app
And it’s over, now check by opening the app whether it is accessible.
Method 5: Check Your Network Connection
If the issue continues or you face visual voicemail not working on Samsung then once you should also check for network connection.
It may happen that your phone is not getting a stable network connection and so it’s occurring a problem. Therefore, you just have to confirm that your device has proper internet to access the app without any error.
Method 6: Update Your Phone OS
Another important thing that most users miss out on is checking whether your phone needs any updates. Yes, when your Android phone is not updated to the latest version then also you may see visual voicemail not working on Android/Samsung.
Therefore, it is important to update your device OS by following the below steps:
- First, open Settings on your phone
- Now, click on About Phone and look for Software Update
- If there is any update then you will get an option to download and install.
- After the process is over, restart your phone and open the app to check if the issue is resolved or not.
Method 7: Uninstall And Reinstall Voicemail App
If the error still troubles you then I will suggest you uninstall the visual voicemail app and install it again. Generally, this solution has worked for many to fix voicemail not working Android.
Follow the below steps:
- First, open Google Play Store and click on My Apps & Games
- Now, look for installed apps and find the Visual Voicemail app
- Open the app and tap on Uninstall
- Once you have done this, again go to Google Play Store and search “Visual Voicemail”
- Next, click on it and then tap on the Install option
- After this, reboot your device and open the app to see if its working or not
Method 8: Enable/Disable Airplane Mode
Many users have reported that they have successfully fixed the issue by enabling and disabling the Airplane mode. There is no harm in trying this solution, so simply swipe down the notification panel on your device.
Now, click on Airplane Mode and it will be enabled. After waiting for a few minutes, disable it and then open the app to check if it’s working as before.
Method 9: Check Your Voicemail Settings
You should also check if the voicemail setting is properly set up or not. This is easy to check by simply going to your phone.
Note– the steps shown below may be a little bit different as per your Android phone model.
- First, open your phone and then click on the three-dots menu at the top right
- Now, tap on Settings from the drop-down menu
- Next, click on Voicemail app under call settings
- And from here, it’s easy to check how voicemail is set up. You can check your correct network carrier under Service Provider
- Remember, your carrier provider should have a voicemail number. And this number will help you to call and you should check whether it is correct.
- If you don’t get any notifications of your voicemail then you can check it under Notifications
Method 10: Allow Voicemail Background Data Usage
The background data usage depends on your device as well as your carrier. However, you should allow background data usage of the app by following the below steps:
- First, open Settings on your phone
- Then, move to Applications or More Settings and then click on App Manager
- Here, you will see the list of applications downloaded on your device. Move down, find for “Visual Voicemail”, and click on it
- Now, click on “Mobile Data”
- At last, enable “Allow background data usage”
Method 11: Reset Network Settings
You might know that the network manager manages everything on your device. But sometimes, the network connectivity of a particular application gets damaged and can only get to normal after a complete reset.
Follow the below steps to reset network settings on your phone:
- Lit up to your Settings on Android phone
- Now, move down to Settings > click on General Management or System settings.
- Next, click on Reset and then “Reset network settings”
- At last, confirm the selection and it will be set to default
Method 12: Deactivate Call Forwarding
If the problem is still with you and not getting any way to fix visual voicemail not working on Samsung then it may be due to call forwarding being activated. This can create problems for your app while using it and need to disable it.
Follow the below steps:
- First, open the “Phone” app > dial *73
- Now, wait unless it beeps and call forwarding gets disabled
Method 13: Request New Voicemail Settings From Carrier
Sometimes, some voicemail settings are wrong and this somewhere conflicts with the phone settings. Because of this, users come across visual voicemail not working on Android.
To get rid of this issue, you should request new settings from your carrier. This will help you to set up your voicemail properly. But also remember, this process totally depends on carrier and location.
Method 14: Use Third-Party Voicemail App
There are several third-party applications as well that can work for you. Yes, you will get plenty of third-party voicemail app from Play Store that can bypass the issue you are facing.
But before you install those apps, do remember that all the apps may not work on your phone or some may have different issues. It means that you have to try those apps first.
Some of the names of popular voicemail apps include My Visual Voicemail and Voxist. These apps come with several extra features and allow to view voice messages as text messages instead.
Method 15: Contact Carrier Support
When your voicemail is still not working then I must say that it can be an issue with the service provider via network carrier. To overcome this situation, you should contact your carrier support.
The technical team will handle the issue in a better way. Explain to them about the error and they will investigate and will resolve it so that you can use it as before.
Well, there can be several reasons behind Visual Voicemail not working on Android/Samsung issue. But there is nothing to worry about because this kind of issue is common to occur.
However, in this blog, I have discussed 15 possible solutions to fix visual voicemail not working Android.
Follow them and see which one works for you. For advanced solutions, go for the Android Repair tool and get rid of the error with ease.
Kim Keogh is a technical and creative blogger and an SEO Expert. She loves to write blogs and troubleshoot several issues or errors on Android and iPhone. She loves to help others by giving better solutions to deal with data recovery problems and other issues.