Did your phone stuck on an error message saying “Unfortunately, Gallery has stopped”? Are you wondering how to fix gallery has stopped Android? If yes then this post will completely guide you to get rid of the issue. For the best and most effective way, you should use Android Repair software to fix gallery has stopped.
Android users generally come across lots of errors or issues on their devices and “Unfortunately, Gallery has stopped” is one of them. This a common problem when users fail to access their gallery due to unknown reasons.
So if you are also going through this error and still looking for fixes then read this article. Here you will get some best and most feasible methods to fix “Unfortunately, Gallery has stopped” error on Android.
But before you go to the solutions, let us first understand why the gallery has stopped error has occurred.
Reasons For Gallery Keeps Crashing Android
Whenever you experience LG gallery keeps stopping, gallery keeps stopping Xiaomi, or Samsung gallery keeps crashing then it’s really irritating. Users are not able to see any data on the gallery and they are stuck on an error message.
Gallery stores all types of data like videos, photos, GIFs, and others. In fact, the photos and videos from Facebook, Instagram, and WhatsApp also get stored here. But sometimes, the gallery stops responding because some media files might get corrupted due to multiple usages. In such a case, it becomes important to solve gallery has stopped Android phones/tablets.
How To Fix Unfortunately Gallery Has Stopped In Android?
If your photos not showing in the gallery Android then here are some best solutions to follow. Go through them one by one and try to fix gallery keeps crashing issue.
Method 1: Restart Your Android/Samsung Phone
The very first method that I am going to suggest here is to restart your phone. This has the capability to resolve any issues on Android devices.
So, here follow the below steps to proceed:
- Press and hold the Power button unless the menu occurs on the screen
- Now choose “Power off” and wait some time to turn off
- After a few seconds, press and hold the Power button to turn on the phone
Hopefully, you will be able to access your gallery now but if the error continues then move to the next method.
Method 2: Clear Data And Cache Of Gallery App
When you see the gallery keeps stopping errors after restarting your phone then it’s suggested to clear the cache and data of the gallery app.
Follow the given steps:
- First, go to Settings > Application Manager
- Now open the Gallery option
- Click on Clear Data and Clear Cache
- Even you should click on the Force Stop option
- At last, simply Restart your device
Method 3: Clear Cache And Data Of Camera App
Even you should clear the cache and data of the Camera app as well. This will also help you to get rid of the error without any further problems.
Here are the steps to follow:
- First, go to Settings > Application Manager
- Now open the Camera option
- After that, click on Clear Data and Clear Cache
- Even you can press the Force Stop option
- At last, Restart your phone
Method 4: Reset App Preferences
Another thing that can help you fix unfortunately gallery has stopped Android is by resetting app preferences. Here are the complete steps:
- First, open Settings > Application Settings
- Then go to All the Apps > tap on Menu
- Here you will get several options. Simply click on “Reset app preferences”
- Then you will get a new dialogue box. Just read and tap on Reset Apps
- At last, Restart your phone and see if the error is solved or not
Method 5: Delete Cache And Data Of Media Storage App
The media storage app can also sometimes get corrupt and pop up the error message of the gallery keeps crashing. In that case, you need to clear the data and cache of the media storage app.
The steps are guided below:
- First, go to Settings > Application manager
- Now open the Media Storage option
- After that, click on Clear Data and Clear Cache option
- At last, Restart your device and see if the error is resolved or not
Method 6: Unmount SD Card
If your phone is having an SD card then you can remove it to fix the issue. Here are the steps to follow:
- First, go to Settings > Storage > select “Unmount SD card”
- After that, check whether the error is resolved or not. If still the same error exists then remove the external memory and see for the error
Now if the issue is resolved then the fault was on your SD card. So it’s better to change it or you can format it to get rid of the problem.
Method 7: Remove Items From SD Card
Lots of users have reported that they have successfully fixed the “unfortunately gallery has stopped” error by deleting some data from the SD card. It creates lots of space on the SD card and the issue is resolved without any further issues.
Method 8: Wipe Cache Partition
Another important solution that can help you to fix Samsung gallery keeps crashing is by deleting the cache partition in recovery mode.
You need to follow the below steps:
- Switch off your phone and press the Volume Up + Power buttons together to enter Recovery Mode (options can differ according to phone models)
- Now you will see lots of options on the screen from which you have to select “Wipe cache partition”
- To confirm the selection, press the Power button
- Once the process is over, select Reboot system now and your device will restart again
Method 9: Do Factory Reset
Factory reset is the last option left to fix gallery has stopped on Android. This will delete every data and setting from the phone and make it a new one.
Note– Kindly back up all your important stuff from the phone before you proceed to do a factory reset.
- First, go to Settings > click on Backup and Reset
- Now click on the Factory data reset option under the personal data option
- You will get a popup message saying your data will be deleted from device memory including data, apps, settings, accounts, music, etc
- After that, click on the Reset phone option
- When your phone restarts, your device reset completely and no data is left
Now, your phone has become new and you can easily access the gallery.
Method 10: Ultimate Solution To Fix Unfortunately Gallery Has Stopped Android
Apart from all the above solutions, I will suggest you go for Android Repair software. This is an advanced solution that helps you to fix gallery has stopped on Android phones. It is easy to use and able to fix any kind of errors or issues on Android.
Whatever reason has led to such an error, by using this effective tool, you can get rid of unwanted issues. It works on all Android phone brands like Samsung, Oppo, LG, Sony, Xiaomi, Vivo, and many more. Some other reasons it can fix are Settings has stopped, System UI has stopped, WhatsApp has stopped, Bluetooth has stopped, Gmail keeps crashing, etc.
Therefore, you just need to download and install this amazing tool to get rid of Gallery has stopped on Android devices.
Easily fix any kind of issues or errors on Android by 1 click repair tool. Fixes any Android error without hasslefree:
- Ability to fix several Android system issues or errors like Black screen of death, apps keep crashing, stuck in boot loop etc.
- Helps to make Android system back to normal without any skills required
- Has the highest success rate to fix any types of Android errors
All our important photos and videos are saved on the gallery of Android phones. But it may happen that that gallery stuck sometimes and you are not able to access the data from it. In such a situation, you need to fix it. This article describes several useful methods on how to fix gallery has stopped Android. Follow them one by one and for a quick fix, try the Android Repair tool.
Steve Peterson, an SEO Expert as well as a technical writer. He loves to gather information about Android & iOS operating systems and write content about it. Whether its the matter of data loss situation, error or issues, broken or damaged problem, latest new going through, and several others. He guides to deal with all such things with his articles.