Did your device stuck on Android recovery mode not working error?
Are you wondering how to get out of Android recovery mode without losing data?
If this is so then don’t worry, read this article to know some of the handy ways to fix recovery mode not working on Android.
But before that, let’s gain some knowledge on what is recovery mode and what it is used for.
About Android Recovery Mode
Before you jump to the solutions, it’s better to know something about this recovery mode. Android recovery mode helps to fix several issues that occur in devices like phone gets frozen, deletes all settings and data from the device, wipe cache partition, and resets the Android phone completely.
Whatever issues occur in your device, this recovery mode has the ability to fix it.
But sometimes, it irritates users because it displays a “No command” error on phone. If this issue occurs then it needs to be resolved immediately.
How To Fix The Android Recovery Mode Not Working Problem- Best Solutions
After knowing about recovery mode in Android, now it’s time to check all the methods that will help you to tackle the issue.
So let’s read further.
Method 1: Best Way To Fix Android Recovery Mode Not Working Error Without Data Loss
If you are coming across the error continuously and looking for an instant solution without data loss then I will suggest you use Android Repair software. This is an easy way to get out of recovery mode not working on Android.
The repair tool has the highest success rate and so experts suggest it as well. It has always been the best choice because using the tool, users can fix several other issues or errors as well on Android. Some of them are Android setting has stopped, Android stuck in boot loop, Android black screen of death/broken screen/dead screen, and others.
The tool solves the issue with one click and fixes any kind of error without any kind of data loss. Therefore, you just have to download and install this amazing Android Repair tool and get out of Android recovery mode not working error with ease.
Check out the step-by-step guide to fix Android recovery mode errors.
Android Repair- 1 Click Repair Tool For Android
Easily fix any kind of issues or errors on Android by 1 click repair tool. Fixes any Android error without hasslefree:
- Ability to fix several Android system issues or errors like Black screen of death, apps keep crashing, stuck in boot loop etc.
- Helps to make Android system back to normal without any skills required
- Has the highest success rate to fix any types of Android errors
Method 2: Use Key Combinations To Fix Android Recovery Mode Not Working Error
You can get out of the issue by key combinations. This method is very useful and it has solved the problems of many users. But before you move ahead, remove the SIM card and external memory.
Now follow the below steps as guided.
First, when you are stuck on no command error on the phone screen then the below key combinations will help you to get out of the issue.
- For Xiaomi: Press and hold down the Power + Volume Up buttons.
- Samsung with Home button: Press Power + Home + Volume Up/Down buttons.
- For Huawei, LG, OnePlus, HTC One: Press the Power + Volume Down buttons.
- Motorola phone: Power button + Home buttons.
- For Nexus Series: Press Power + Volume Up + Volume Down buttons.
Method 3: Wipe Cache Partition
Another useful solution that can help you to get out of this error is by wiping the cache partition. This has worked for several users and I hope it will work for you as well.
Here are the steps to follow:
- First, press the Volume Down button to select the “Wipe cache partition” option
- After that, click on the Power button two times to confirm the selection
- Once done, move down to “Reboot Device” via Volume Down to restart the device
Now, check if the Android recovery mode not working issue is resolved or not.
Method 4: Check For Update And Install It Manually
The error can occur due to software updates or even during flashing a custom ROM. In this situation, you should manually install updates to get rid of the issue.
Follow the below steps as guided:
- First, press the Volume Down button to choose to apply update from cache option
- Now, click on the Power button to open your selection
- From here, select the available software and then press the Power button to install it
Method 5: Flash ROM To Get Out Of Android Recovery Mode Not Working Issue
If you are still coming across the same error even after trying the above methods then you should flash a custom ROM. This will help you to experience new features and allow you to customize properly. In addition, this method is also helpful in solving the “No Command” error in Android.
For that, you have to unlock the bootloader and have to flash ROM. Then you have to download CynogenMod from its website. In addition, you have to get Google App’s zip file that you need to download from here.
Now, follow the below steps:
- First, connect your device to the computer via USB cable and then transfer all downloaded files to the phone’s internal memory or sd card
- Then, boot the device into TWRP mode using proper key combinations. After you enter into TWRP recovery mode, click on the “Wipe” option to reset your phone.
- Now, you will get the below screen. You only have to swipe your device to proceed with the reset process
- Once your phone resets, go to the main page and click on the “Install” button to flash ROM
- Then your phone will display the below window. Apart from all, you have to choose recently transferred zip file
- Now, once again swipe your phone to proceed with the installation process
- Next, you have to wait unless the installation process is over. Once done, move to Home screen and install Google apps zip files by repeating the same process
- After the whole process is over, click on “Wipe data”. And now, reboot your phone by clicking on the “Reboot System” button and see if the Android recovery mode not working error is resolved or not.
Method 6: Do Factory Reset
The last method that I personally suggest is to do a factory reset of the Android phone. This works well when the above manual methods fail to solve the issue.
But remember that this method deletes all your saved files so make sure to backup all your important stuff beforehand.
Now follow the below steps:
- First, use Volume Down to move down to the “Wipe data/factory reset” option
- Then press the Power button to choose it and start the process
- When it is finished, your device will restart and it will look like a new phone.
So this blog completely describes how to fix Android recovery mode not working issue. Android users generally come across this common issue. But no need to worry as there are ways to troubleshoot it.
If you are looking for a unique solution then go for the Android Repair tool. One-click repair tool makes your device as normal as before.
Kim Keogh is a technical and creative blogger and an SEO Expert. She loves to write blogs and troubleshoot several issues or errors on Android and iPhone. She loves to help others by giving better solutions to deal with data recovery problems and other issues.