Did your iPhone stuck in recovery mode after iOS update? Wondering why is my iPhone stuck in recovery mode. Want to know how to get iPhone out of recovery mode without losing data?
All of these questions become common when you get through such an incident. Many users have reported the issue they have met after upgrading to the iOS version. Well, iOS 13 and above comes with a new recovery mode screen for users.
However, this new thing has troubled users and they want to exit recovery mode on iPhone. So, in this article, I will explain various ways to fix iPhone stuck on recovery mode hassle-free.
Reasons For iPhone Stuck On Recovery Mode
There can be various reasons why is my iPhone stuck in recovery mode. Below mentioned are some of them:
- Some unknown reasons: You are using your iPhone and suddenly it goes to recovery mode without any reason.
- Jailbreak: Jailbreak failure or even the correct steps of jailbreak may lead to iPhone stuck in recovery mode.
- iOS versions update: When you install an update while in low battery mode, iPhone can be stuck in recovery mode.
- Factory settings restore: iPhone can also get stuck on recovery mode while restoring.
So these are some common factors that lead to iPhone 13/12/11/X stuck in recovery mode.
How To Fix iPhone Stuck In Recovery Mode After iOS Update- Best Ways
Now, it’s time to go through all the possible tricks to get rid of the error easily. So let’s read further.
Fix 1: Force Restart iPhone To Exit Recovery Mode
You can leave recovery mode by simply doing a restart of your iPhone. However, it is not possible to restart an iPhone by following onscreen steps. Instead of that, you need to do a force start.
But before doing force restart, disconnect all the cables to prevent Recovery mode. Then follow the below instructions carefully.
For iPhone 8, iPhone X, iPhone 11, and so on:
- Press and release the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons together.
- Now, long press the Power button to restart iPhone.
iPhone 7/7 Plus:
- Long press the Power button and Volume button
- Now, hold the Power and Volume buttons together to restart iPhone.
For iPhone 6s or before:
- Long press the Power and Home buttons together
- Again hold the Power button and Home button to restart iPhone.
Fix 2: Use Recboot To Get Out Of Recovery Mode
Recboot is a third-party app that may help you to get in and get over from recovery mode with just a single click. To fix iPhone stuck on recovery mode using Recboot, follow the below steps:
- First, download Recboot
- Then connect the iOS device to the PC using a USB cable.
- After that, tap on the Exit Recovery Mode option and wait to exit.
Fix 3: Use TinyUmbrella To Fix iOS 15/14/13 Stuck In Recovery Mode
TinyUmbrella is a popular recovery tool used worldwide to fix iPhone 13 stuck in recovery mode. It also works finely on iOS 16/15/14 also. It needs some basic requirements to fix all iOS-related issues.
Follow the below steps to get out of recovery mode:
- First, download TinyUmbrella and launch it
- Then, open the tool and connect to your iOS device.
- Wait for a few minutes until the tool detects your device.
- After completing the detection, simply tap on Exit Recovery
Now, disconnect your iPhone from the system after the process is completed. Now, check if iPhone X stuck in recovery mode is resolved or not.
Fix 4: Update iTunes To Exit Recover Mode On iPhone
If your iTunes is not updated to the latest version then also it can lead to iPhone stuck on recovery mode on the restore screen. So, update it to the latest version by following the below steps:
- First, open iTunes
- Go to the iTunes menu over the top
- Then tap on Check for Updates
- Launch iTunes
- Press Help menu
- Now, tap on Check for updates.
If there is no option for Check for Updates, then download it from the Microsoft store and it will update the software automatically.
Fix 5: Exit iPhone Stuck In Recovery Mode On iOS 16/15/14/13 Using iTunes
Although there are various third-party apps to get over iPhone stuck on recovery mode, nothing can be better than Apple’s own iTunes. But remember, this process will delete your device completely and it will become a new one.
Note– Before proceeding, ensure iTunes is running on the latest version.
Follow the below steps:
- First, open the Apple website from any web browser
- Download the latest version of iTunes (compatible version for your PC).
- Then, tap on the Run option after the download is complete and press Next to open the installer
- After that, read the installation terms and tap Install to start, and tap on Finish after installation is complete.
- Next, connect the iPhone to the computer that is stuck on recovery mode.
- Now, open iTunes and it will automatically detect your device, which is stuck on recovery mode.
- Here, manually click on the restore option.
- Wait until the process is completed and your iPhone will restart automatically.
Fix 6: Restore iPhone Via iTunes Using DFU Mode
You can restore your iPhone using iTunes by entering into DFU mode. As it will remove all your data from your iPhone, so take a backup before applying this method.
- First, connect the iPhone to the PC and launch iTunes.
- Now, after detecting the iPhone in DFU mode, iTunes will display a message on the screen. Press OK and click on the Restore option to complete the action.
Fix 7: Contact the Apple Support Team
If you have followed all the methods but nothing works to fix iPhone 11/12/13 stuck in recovery mode, then there might be some hardware issue with your iPhone. In that case, you need to contact Apple Support Team to resolve your issue.
Without wasting much time, you should Speak to Apple Support either by directly contacting or by taking an appointment via Genius Bar.
Fix 8: How To Get iPhone Out Of Recovery Mode Without Losing Data (Recommended)
Users generally come across iPhone/iPad stuck in recovery mode while installing the iOS latest version. However, nothing goes instantly on how to get rid of it. In this situation, it will be the best way to go for the iOS System Repair tool. This professional tool will help you to fix iPhone stuck in recovery mode without losing data.
This program is highly suggested by experts and is very much secure to use. It works for all types of errors or issues on iPhone/iPad without further damaging it. Other issues it can solve include iPhone stuck on Apple logo, iPhone stuck on black screen, iPhone stuck on verifying update, iPhone stuck on headphone mode, etc.
The tool is easy to use and allows users to exit recovery mode from all iPhones like iPhone 13/12/11/X/Xr/8/7/6 including the latest iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 versions. Therefore, you just have to download and install this amazing iOS Repair tool to get your iPhone out of recovery mode. Follow its step-by-step guide to use the software hassle-free.
Repair any kind of issues or errors on iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch and make it normal without any skills required.
- Has the ability to fix iOS issues without data loss
- Fix various iOS system issues like white Apple logo, boot loop, etc
- Compatible with iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch & Supports iOS 14/13/12
So here, the article ends and I hope the above methods have helped you to fix iPhone stuck in recovery mode. There can be several reasons for the error but following the solutions will surely help to get rid of it. Also, suggested using the iOS System Repair tool to exit recovery mode from iPhone without data loss.
Kim Keogh is a technical and creative blogger and an SEO Expert. She loves to write blogs and troubleshoot several issues or errors on Android and iPhone. She loves to help others by giving better solutions to deal with data recovery problems and other issues.