Do you want to recover your lost WhatsApp messages on Android?
Not getting the exact way to bring them back?
If yes, then read this article & learn the quick and easy solutions on how to recover deleted WhatsApp messages on Android?
WhatsApp has become the most convenient way to keep in the contacts with your friends, relatives & colleagues.
But, most of the users are reporting that they have lost their important WhatsApp chats accidentally or mistakenly. By following this useful and helpful post, one can easily avoid the issue of the WhatsApp message deletion.
So, let’s get started:
After losing their important WhatsApp messages, many Android phone users ask this question first – Can we recover WhatsApp deleted messages?
So, here I am going to answer your question in the next section of this blog.
The best and efficient tool to recover lost, deleted, disappeared, inaccessible data from Android phones/tablets. Some unique features include:
- Directly recover various types of data such as photos, contacts, SMS, videos, WhatsApp, call logs, documents, notes, etc.
- Recover data in any situation like accidental, water damage, unintentional, factory reset, formatting, virus attack or other reasons
- Allows one-click option to “Recover” deleted files without backup
Can We Recover WhatsApp Deleted Messages?
Yes, you can recover your deleted WhatsApp chats, that doesn’t matter whether you have kept a backup of those chats or not.
If you’ve created a backup of your WhatsApp messages then you can restore your missing WhatsApp chat from the local backup option, Google Drive, or from the database file.
In case, you do not have backup then you should make use of the Android Data Recovery Tool.
How To Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages On Android Without Backup?
The first method I would like to suggest you use Android Data Recovery Tool. This software will definitely help you to recover deleted WhatsApp chats on Android. This is known as the best recovery program, thus it is recommended by the professionals too. It will scan your whole device and recover all the lost WhatsApp messages.
This tool will help you to recover all kinds of data from your Android device such as – WhatsApp chats, audio files, contacts, videos, pictures, text messages, call history, notes, documents, and many others. It is very easy to use and doesn’t require any technical knowledge.
It doesn’t matter what kind of data you’ve lost, this software will work effectively and recover all your missing files. The best thing about this tool is that it is compatible with all Android models like Huawei, Samsung, Sony, LG, Motorola, HTC, etc. & doesn’t need any backup to make the recovery of data.
How To Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages On Android
Way #1: Recover Deleted WhatsApp Chats From From Older Backup
You can use this method if you want to retrieve your WhatsApp lost messages using your older backup option. Just follow the below-given instructions and restore missing WhatsApp chats:
- In the beginning, you’ve to uninstall your WhatsApp App
- Then, open the backup folder or the WhatsApp database & check the backup file which you want to restore
- After that, rename your file from “msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt7” to “db.crypt7”
- Install your WhatsApp app again
- Now, as you’ll be asked to continue, just click Resume
Way #2: Recover Missing WhatsApp Messages Using Recent Backup
If you’ve recently saved a backup of your WhatsApp chats then you can easily recover your deleted chats from those backups. But, if you have deleted any of the messages or chat history without backup, still you can recover your lost chats and attachments from the WhatsApp automatic backups.
What you exactly need to do in order to rescue deleted WhatsApp messages, have a look at the below-given steps:
- At first, uninstall your WhatsApp on Android & then reinstall it again
- While the installation process is going on, you’ll be prompted that to restore the message history.
- Hit Restore option
- Now, you’ll see that everything will be restored.
Way #3: Retrieve Lost WhatsApp Messages via Google Drive
Have you enabled your chat history before in Google drive? If yes, then proceed with the steps as guided below:
- At first, uninstall your WhatsApp app on an Android phone
- Then, just reinstall it & simply sign in to your account.
- After reinstalling the app, a restore message will be prompt on your screen
- Make a tap on the restore option
Note – Please ensure that you’re using your same Google account in order to back up the WhatsApp chats otherwise the restoration process will not work.
Way #4: How to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages From Database File
Since Whatsapp takes the backup of the last 7 days & store the chats in your database folder. However, you can try the below steps in order to create the manual backup reserve of the recent chat.
- Open the WhatsApp App
- Click on the three-dot icon at the right side corner
- Go to the Settings app & click on Chats and Calls and then ChatBackup
- Then, uninstall WhatsApp & choose the backup file which you like to restore in the Storage and WhatsApp & then Database.
- Now, rename your database file msgstore-2016-03 21.1.db.crypt8to db.crypt8.
- Now, install the WhatsApp app again,
- After that, restore opt. will automatically prompt on your screen
FAQ[Frequently Asked Questions]
How Can I Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages Without Backup Android?
If the backup file is not available, simply go with the professional as well as reliable Android Data Recovery Software to get back your lost/missing files from Android.
How Can We Lose WhatsApp Messages From Android?
There can be several circumstances that may lead to Whatsapp chat deletion but I am going to show you some of the major causes:
- Accidentally pressing “Clear all chats” in your WhatsApp configuration
- While performing a factory reset on your phone
- When you lost your phone or it is broken
- Buying the new smartphone & deleted the WhatsApp from the old one
Time To Conclude
I have listed the 5 best & quick ways on how to recover deleted WhatsApp messages on Android, so just calm down and try out the solutions one after another. I hope now you will be able to retrieve your missing WhatsApp chats on Android without any difficulty.
If the 4 manuals won’t help you to recover deleted WhatsApp chats, do not forget to make use of the amazing and trustworthy Android data recovery tool.
For any further questions or suggestions, leave a comment in the below section of this tutorial.