Many times we are forced to perform factory reset on Android phones in order to free up our phone from several issues like – when the phone works slowly, when Android is hacked by malware/virus, and many more. There are several such reasons because of which one has to perform factory reset.
But the serious problem arises when you did a factory reset on Android without keeping back up of your precious data & documents.
Well, if you’re reading this tutorial then obviously you have lost your data by doing a factory reset. If it is so, then you must have a look for the perfect solutions on how to recover contacts after factory reset Android.
This blog will help you to recover contacts after factory reset on Android free. It’s doesn’t matter whether you have a backup of your data or not, this article will guide you in any circumstances.
Let’s learn something about – Factory Rest & What Does It Do?
The best and efficient tool to recover lost, deleted, disappeared, inaccessible data from Android phones/tablets. Some unique features include:
- Directly recover various types of data such as photos, contacts, SMS, videos, WhatsApp, call logs, documents, notes, etc.
- Recover data in any situation like accidental, water damage, unintentional, factory reset, formatting, virus attack or other reasons
- Allows one-click option to “Recover” deleted files without backup
About Factory Reset
Factory reset is one of the Android’s feature in which a user can fix any kind of issues, bugs, or errors on their mobile phone. This feature is used to improve the quality or performance of the phone, delete the unwanted files before selling & many others.
In other words, performing a factory reset will bring your phone back to its original position or in the state of purchase. It means all the modified settings, customizations, applications, & everything.
What Does Factory Reset Does?
Performing a factory reset will erase or delete everything from your phone such as – photos, contacts, audios, call history or call logs, videos, documents, songs, notes & all permanently. Thus it’s important to save a backup of all the existing data in any safe place or location before doing a factory reset on Android.
Do you want to know why we have to do a factory reset on Android? If yes, see the next section of this blog.
Why Would You Do A Factory Reset?
- It helps to get rid of the junk files and keeps your phone clean
- It removes the harmful files & deletes all the stored data from your internal memory
- Free up the phone from the virus or malware attack
- Removes all kinds of glitches, errors/bugs & all unnecessary files
So, these are some of the major scenarios which force you to perform a factory reset on your device.
How To Recover Contacts After Factory Reset Android Without Backup?
There’re thousands of data recovery tools available in the market which can help you to recover contacts or other stuffs easily. But, it may be confusing for anyone which tool is best for them. Thus, in this section, I’ll tell you about a data recovery software that will give you 100% result.
In order to perform Android contacts recovery after factory reset, I would like to strongly suggest you to try the best Android Data Recovery Tool. This program not only helps to recover contacts after factory reset on Android free but also restores other data like messages, Whatsapp chats, pictures, videos, music, documents, and more on your Android phones.
Let’s check out its more igneous features like:
- Recovers a wide variety of data like contacts, text messages, call logs, photos, videos, etc safely
- Supports all the famous Android brands & models that available on a market, including Motorola, LG, Samsung, HTC, Sony, and more
- It has a preview feature that allows to preview the files
- Even 100% risk-free & easy to use
What’s more, it is available for both the OS: Windows & Mac respectively. Therefore, free download this tool now and recover contacts after factory reset Android without root.
[Manual Ways] How To Recover Contacts After Factory Reset Android?
In the next section of this blog, you will learn a few manual solutions on how to recover contacts after factory reset Android device. So, you are only required to choose the effective one.
Method #1: Restore Contacts Using Backup On Android
Keeping backup is the best option to do data recovery from Android phone under several circumstances. So, if you’ve backed-up your important contacts before performing the factory reset, here are the easy steps to do contact recovery after factory reset.
- At first, you have to go to the Settings App on your Android phone.
- After that, click on the option Backup & Restore
- Now, you need to choose the recent backup file to bring back the deleted contacts or other files from backup.
If this method won’t work then try the next one.
Method #2: Get Back Lost Contacts From The Google Backup
This solution is only applicable when you’ve synced your mobile’s contacts to your Google Account. So, to recover contacts from Android phone after factory reset using the Google Backup option, follow these steps:
- First of all, go to the phone’s Settings
- Then, scroll down & click on the “Google“
- Under the section “Services“, make a tap on the “Restore Contacts“.
- If your Android phone has multiple Google accounts, then click the “From Account” & choose the account that you want to restore the lost contacts from.
- Select a device with contacts to just copy.
- Now, you can choose the specific store that you need to copy your contacts from.
- After this, if you need to copy from a SIM card or device storage, then click on “Turn Off” SIM card or Device Storage.
- Finally, click on the “Restore” option & allow your lost contacts to get back.
Method #3: Restore Missing Contacts from Gmail Account
Well, if you’ve ever synced your phone with the Gmail account, you can easily restore your erased contacts from there directly.
- Sign in to your Google account
- Next, click on the “Contacts” that you can see in the left side corner of your window.
- Choose the option “More” & select “Restore Contacts“.
- Now, tick the time period & click on the “Restore” option to restore your deleted contacts.
Please Note: This technique can help you to restore the contacts within 30 days only. After the given time period, you cannot restore your Android contacts from the Gmail backup.
Is it Possible to Recover All the Data After Doing Factory Reset on Android?
Whenever you perform factory reset accidentally or mistakenly and lose all your essential data, it doesn’t mean that there is no way to get them back. However, it’s true that you have lost your data but not permanently, they can be recoverable. Therefore, the answer to this question is Yes. If you are habituated to saving a backup of all your data regularly then you can get them back easily.
Will a factory reset delete my contacts?
As I have discussed above that factory reset is supposed to delete everything from your phone whether it is a contacts, photos, audio files, videos or other data. So, you can say that doing a factory reset will erase all your contacts as well as call logs from your Android phone. But the good news is that you have some better options to retrieve them back. If you have a backup of those data then you can recover your lost contacts through Google backup, local backup & from Gmail account. But in case, you don’t have any backup you can use the most fantastic and reliable tool Android data recovery tool. This software can recover your lost contacts easily.
Does factory reset remove all data permanently?
Well, the answer to this question is a big Yes. If you are continuing this article from above then you must have come to know that doing a factory reset will delete everything from your phone.
Time To Verdict
In the above section of this article, I’ve discussed the 4 best solutions on how to recover contacts after factory reset Android. Well, you can try any of the aforementioned methods to do Android contacts recovery after factory reset.
However, if you have forgotten to keep a backup of your important data before performing the factory reset on Android, then you can try Android Data Recovery software. This tool is one of the best options that you can select to perform contact recovery from Android after factory reset.