Have you accidentally deleted Instagram messages on Android? Looking for the perfect solutions on how to recover deleted Instagram messages on Android but still didn’t get the exact way to retrieve them?
If so, then you do not have to worry about it, as I have discussed many effective methods in this article. The best way to recover Instagram messages on Android is by using Android Data Recovery.
Instagram is not designed to offer any messaging service. As, we all knew very well that Instagram is a famous application that is mostly used to upload pictures, videos, etc. Moreover, Instagram’s recent updates provide you with many advanced and exciting features such as sending direct messages or photos or sharing them with family members & friends.
But sometimes, an unexpected situation occurs and deletes Instagram direct messages on Android. So here are some reasons behind the deletion of Instagram direct messages before you go for recovery solutions.
Reasons Behind The Deleted Instagram Direct Messages
Generally, there are many reasons behind the deletion of Instagram messages, but below I have listed some of the major factors of it.
- Mistakenly pressing a DELETE option while removing unwanted files such as – pictures, videos, or other data
- The existence of the infected data may also corrupt the presented data like Instagram DM
- Due to the virus/malware infection
- While factory resetting on the Android phone may also cause data loss.
Several times it may happen that you want to retrieve your accidentally deleted Instagram chats but are unable to do so. Hence, if you’re one of them then this blog is for you only.
In the below section of this post, I have explained How to recover deleted Instagram messages on Android Phone.
Is It Possible To Recover Instagram Direct Messages On Android?
Users generally have this type of question in their minds after losing any data like Instagram messages. But the answer is YES, there is a chance to recover deleted Instagram messages on Android.
Remember that when you delete your Instagram messages accidentally then you are not able to recover them via Instagram. But yes, you can use Instagram message recovery online or the Instagram Direct Message Recovery program to retrieve deleted messages.
Apart from this, should not access your phone or the app unless you successfully retrieve the messages. For better results, you should use a powerful tool like Android Data Recovery (mentioned below).
How Do I Recover Deleted Instagram Messages On Android?
Now, it’s time to walk through some of the best Instagram message recovery solutions that will help you to recover permanently deleted Instagram messages.
So let’s move ahead.
Solution #1: Recover Deleted Instagram Messages On Android Without Backup
Android Data Recovery is one of the best-recommended tools which works successfully and also deals with any kind of data loss. It helps you to recover deleted Instagram messages on Android without backup.
This powerful software not only helps to retrieve Instagram direct messages but also restores other types of data including photos, text messages, videos, contacts, WhatsApp chats, call logs, audio files, etc. To use this tool there is no requirement of any technical knowledge.
This recovery tool allows you to preview deleted files before the recovery. Therefore, it is suggested to Download Android Data Recovery tool and get back lost Instagram Direct Messages from Android.
Android Data Recovery- Recover deleted data from Android phones/tablets
The best and efficient tool to recover lost, deleted, disappeared, inaccessible data from Android phones/tablets. Some unique features include:
- Directly recover various types of data such as photos, contacts, SMS, videos, WhatsApp, call logs, documents, notes, etc.
- Recover data in any situation like accidental, water damage, unintentional, factory reset, formatting, virus attack or other reasons
- Allows one-click option to “Recover” deleted files without backup
Follow The Below Steps To Recover Lost Instagram Messages On Android
Solution #2: Recover Lost Instagram Direct Messages Through Connected Facebook Account
Well, there is good news for those Instagram users who have already connected their Instagram account with their Facebook account. Because now you can easily get back deleted Instagram direct messages with the help of your Facebook account.
Here are the simple steps to recover deleted dms on Instagram Android:
- First, sign in on your Facebook account.
- After that, click on the ‘Messages’ option on the top right corner of the page.
- Next, you will see your inbox.
- Now, you will see a menu option on the left side
- At this time, hit on the ‘Instagram Direct’ option and you will find the DM messages there.
Solution #3: Restore Instagram Direct Messages From The User You Have Sent
Well, this is one of the easiest and convenient ways to recover deleted Instagram messages on Android. Whenever your Instagram messages are deleted, it means that they are only deleted from your account and not from that user to whom you have sent the messages.
Hence, you can take help from that person or request him/ her to send you the lost messages. Thus, you can get back your deleted messages again.
Solution #4: Recover Lost Instagram DM Online
If the above three methods won’t work then, you can go with the Instagram Message Recovery Online method.
This feature can help you to restore your lost messages online. So, here are the steps for the Instagram message recovery website online:
- First of all, go to the Instagram Message Recovery online, then enter your sign-in details
- Next, make click on the option “Recover Messages” to begin the message recovery process
- After completing the human verification your lost Instagram messages will be restored
- Lastly, just start the Instagram message recovery online, after that, you can see all the messages are showing in the ZIP format.
Solution #5: Recover Instagram Messages Via Instagram Data
Well, in case you have not connected your Facebook with your Instagram account, Just Relax, there is another way to recover deleted Instagram messages by Instagram Data. All your deleted Instagram messages of yours, will not be available on your Android phone, but they’re still stored on your Instagram server.
Therefore, you are permitted to download the lost data which you’ve shared on your Instagram, such as photos, direct messages videos, etc.
Follow the below-given steps to request your Instagram account data:
- Firstly, go to the Instagram site from your PC browser, and then sign in to the web version by the Instagram account details.
- After that, open your profile by hitting on the account settings option at the top corner of the right side.
- Now, make tap on the gear icon, and from the pop-up menu, you have to select “Privacy and Security”.
- Just scroll down & find out the “Data Download” option, then make click on “Request Download”.
- Next, you’ll be asked to check your identity. Again, tap on “Log In” & then enter your account information on Instagram.
- At this time, you need to provide your mail address to receive a link to the file with your comments, photos, profile information, etc on Instagram and click “Next”.
- Simply enter the password of your Instagram account and then tap on “Request Download”. After that, you’ll receive an email from your Instagram with the subject “Your Instagram Data”.
- In this step, open your email & tap on “Download Data”, the ZIP file with all the files will automatically download to the PC.
- Extract the ZIP file & find the “JSON” file now, open it with the help of a text editor & then you’ll get all the Instagram messages that you send/receive.
- Finally, you can find your lost Instagram messages with the keywords and then recover the messages you need.
Can I recover deleted Instagram messages?
Yes, of course, you can easily recover deleted Instagram messages & chats by trying the Android data recovery tool. It is specially designed to recover data from internal and external memory (SD card/SIM card) as well on Android.
Does Instagram Save Your Deleted Messages?
The answer is NO, as the Instagram does not save your lost messages. The message you send or receive is transmitted by the network & also does not save on the servers. It simply means that if Instagram Direct Messages are stored on the phone or anywhere else.
So, these are the possible ways to recover deleted Instagram messages on Android. All these solutions are so effective & easy that anyone can use them without any technical knowledge. I hope this article will definitely help you to get those deleted Instagram Direct messages.
In case, if the above 5 manual solutions fail to work, then you can try the recommended Android Data Recovery tool for instant Instagram direct message recovery. This software works to deal with any type of file deletion situation successfully.
Kim Keogh is a technical and creative blogger and an SEO Expert. She loves to write blogs and troubleshoot several issues or errors on Android and iPhone. She loves to help others by giving better solutions to deal with data recovery problems and other issues.